Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Chicken Cordon Bleu
My Husband said I needed another recipe – so here you go!
Chicken Cordon Bleu (serves 4)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
¾ cup of Italian bread crumbs
4 slices of deli ham
6 slices of swiss cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with Pam.
2. Place one chicken breast in a plastic bag and pound with a rolling pin until ½ inch thick. Do not seal the bag, it will burst, just hold the end closed.
3. Spread bread crumbs out on a large plate. Place chicken breast on top of bread crumbs and press. Flip over, and press into bread crumbs again. Now layer one slice of ham and one slice of swiss cheese on top of chicken.
4. Roll up and place seam side down in the pan. Top with ½ slice of cheese.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 with remaining chicken breasts
6. Place in preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through