Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chicken and Corn soup

My mom makes an AWESOME Chicken and Corn chowder that my kiddos love.  But I’m trying to be healthier so I just can’t have cream and mashed potatoes in my soup(sorry mom) !  So this is what I came up with – its easy peasy and very yummy!!!
DSC_0463
Ingredients:
4 Tbl butter
1/2 onion, chopped (or ground to a paste so your kids don’t complain that there’s onion in the soup!!!) hehehe
1 can corn kernels with juice
1 can creamed corn
6 cubes of chicken bouillon
4 cups of water
5 pieces of bacon (I used turkey bacon) cooked and crumbled
2 cups of cooked, chopped chicken ( I used a breast and thigh from a leftover rotisserie chicken)
salt to taste
Directions:
1.  Melt the butter in a dutch oven, add chopped onions and cook until translucent.
2.  Add both cans of corn with all the juice.  Dissolve 6 cubes of bouillon into 4 cups of hot water.  Add to soup.
3.  Add crumbled bacon and chicken.  Simmer until warmed through.  Salt to taste. Serves about 6

No comments:

Post a Comment